We have a fantastic group of lakes on our website, which are a credit to our brilliant owners and all their hard work. Today we are introducing Tony, who with wife Kim, runs Landes, an idyllic 4 acre carp lake with accommodation and a pool.
1. When did you discover carp fishing and how did you come to be here at Landes?
As a fisherman myself it was always a dream to own my own lake in France, for years my wife and I had fished a friends lake here. We were fishing at the time when we heard that this property with a lake was for sale – we arranged a visit and here we are. It was a lot of hard work to get it to the stage we are at and hopefully will improve year by year.
2. What’s the best and worst part of being the owner?
The worst thing is when the fishermen do not catch a decent fish, we feel really bad for them. The best thing is when they get their personal best at our lake plus all the positive feedback we get back from everyone.
3. What would you say is the best feature of your lake?
From the lakeside accommodation’s patio you can see the entire lake, which also has good access all the way round.
4. When people arrive is there anything they are surprised by?
Everyone that has stayed with us have all said how pleasantly surprised they were, as the photos they had seen does not do it justice.
5. What is the most common mistake you see anglers make at your lake?
Not being right on their rods, but that’s their choice of course.
6. Finally, what is the one most important piece of advice you’d give to anglers visiting Landes soon?
We ask that they make themselves at home and don’t be afraid to ask for help or advise. We will do our very best to help in any way we can.
Find out more about Landes here – Carp Fishing France